“Scouting the Range at Camp Mack Morris”
April 12-14, 2019 - Cub Scout Spring Family Camping
- Early Bird Registration, March 28 ($22 per individual)($75 Family of +)
- Registration after March 28 ($25 per individual) ($85 Family of 4+)
- Join us for a weekend of cowboy fun - Photo props, food & craft stations, water balloon sling shots, Paintball target shooting, obstacle course, barrel bullriding, and Shooting Sports! (Sling shots and archery available for Lions) Register today!
WOW Council Event…this is a council event for 3rd grade Bears through Webelos only! This event will be held March 29-31 at Camp Dudley Kizer in Milan.
What is WOW? Webelos Outdoor Woods or WOW is a camping weekend just for Bears and Webelos Dens. The event will be full of adventure and fun, for the novice and experienced camper alike. While the focus is on outdoor fun, the activities will allow Bears and Webelos to get a get of Scouting, while competing in classic outdoor challenges!
Click HERE to sign up online.
Click HERE to register
Click HERE for our Promotional Video
- Cub Scout and Boy Scout Leader Specific Training will be offered at Covington United Methodist Church on Saturday, February 23. This course has no fee, pre-registration is required.
- Cub Scout Rangemaster Certification Course - will train Cub Scout Rangemasters capable of teaching Cub Scouts the proper way to earn CS Shooting Sports Archery, BBs, and Slingshot pins and patches.Participants that have taken this course can open @ range at District and Council events. This training will be held Saturday, March 16, 2019 @ Camp Mack Morris. Cost is $5.00 per person
- BALOO (Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation) - This two-day training event that introduces participants to the skills needed to plan and conduct Pack outdoor activities. Packs must have at least one BALOO trained leader attend Unit camp-outs. BALOO will be held April 27-28 @ Fort Pillow in Henning. Training begins at 8:00 am on Saturday and concludes at 11:00 am on Sunday. Cost is $30 per person.
- VOLT is Outdoor Leader Training for Webelos and Boy Scout Leaders. Troops must have at least one VOLT trained leader attend Unit camp-outs.VOLT will be held April 27-28 @ Fort Pillow in Henning. Training begins at 8:30 am on Saturday and concludes at 12 noon on Sunday. Cost is $30 per person.
- NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training) is an exciting, action-packed program designed to train Scouts in leadership fundamentals, communicating, and motivating. NYLT will be held July 14-19 @ Camp Mack Morris. Cost is $250 per Scout.
- Wood Badge, the premiere leadership course of Boy Scouts of America… every scout deserves a trained leader! This training is to get Scouters to think about the practice of Scouting, to meet together, to exchange experiences, and to live together in the spirit of the Scout Oath. This is two weekend course, you are required to attend both weekends. Friday – Sunday, March 8-10th and Saturday – Monday, April 6-8th. $235 per person. BSA Health and Medical Record, parts A, B & C required. Register online @ www.wtacbsa.org Contact Butch Powers, Course Director firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
$5.00 Camp Cards are Back!
New this year! 5 New Cards & more local coupons!
- Units keep 50% of Camp Card Sales (if paid by May 17)
- Camp Cards are a great way to earn funds for summer camp, day camp, family camps, NYLT, and more...
- February 7, 12, & 14 - Camp Card Distribution Kickoffs @ Roundtables
- Weekly - Collect funds, deposit, get some more cards!
- Camp Experience Give Away - Feb. 22nd, Mar. 15th, April 12th & May 17th
- First week of May - Scouts return all sales money and any unsold Cards to Unit
- May 2, 9 & 14 - E-Z Settlement Nights @ Roundtables – 50% commission. (Note—Units keep 50% commissions and need only submit unsold cards and a check of $2.50 per card due to the Council f)
- May 17 @ 5:00 pm - Council Grand Prize Drawings
- By May 17 - Last day to turn-in money & unsold cards for 50% commission. (Note—Units keep 50% commissions and need only submit unsold cards & a check of $2.50 per card due to the Council)
- After May 17 - Unit Commission drops to 40%, all unsold cards returned
- After June 3 - Unit Commission drops to 30%, all unsold cards returned
- Camp Card Guide
February 1st was the historic launch of Scouts BSA, where for the first time young WOMEN ages, 11-17 were welcomed into our incredible program building character and leadership development.
Welcome to Troop 19 and Troop 6 who are in the process of becoming the first Scouts BSA all girl Troops in West Tennessee Area Council!
Through the participation in all-girl Troops, young women will learn from the same program, earn the same merit badges and achieve the same advancements that boys have earned for almost 109 years!
On February 1st the National Order of the Arrow will permit unit elections in Scouts BSA, Venturing and Sea Scout Units. Still have questions? Contact the council office or check it out online at: https://www.scouting.org/scoutsbsa
Webelos Camp will be held June 30 - July 3 2019 @ Camp Mack Morris for Knight’s of Bird Song Creek. Join in activities such as catapult building, search for the arrow of light sword, and enjoy a unique dining experience at our Medieval Dinner. Come one come all if you’re up for the challenge!! Online registration coming soon.
WE WANT YOU to come to Camp Mack Morris for your Summer Camp adventure!! New this year : Personal Watercraft program for your older Scouts, Climbing merit badge is offered to the entire camp not just COPE participants, and our first year camper program has been revamped to include Swimming and First Aid merit badges.
You can also join the Summer Camp Staff if you are looking for an opportunity to make money, earn advancement, make lasting memories!! You can apply online at www.wtacbsa.org
- Ordeal #1 - March 22-24, 2019 @ Camp Mack Morris
- Ordeal #2 - May 17-19, 2019 @ Camp Mack Morris
- Conclave - April 26-28, 2019 @ Camp Roy C. Manchester (Benton, KY)
Our Jackson Generals Scout Night game is on Saturday May 18, 2019 at 6:50 PM, against the Tennessee Smokies.
- Come out and enjoy the Scout Parade around the field before the game, postgame fireworks, and movie during the overnight campout on the General’s Outfield.
- The first 300 registered Scouts and Family Members, will receive a Jackson General’s Scout Patch and Ball Cap!
- To top it off, if you’re one of the first 1000; you can receive a Jackson General’s Harry Potter Wand, because it’s also Harry Potter Night.
- If that’s not enough, two of our Scouts will earn the right to throw out the first pitch, by submitting a winning 2019 patch design and a paragraph on why it’s cool to be in Scouting!
1995 Hollywood Drive, Jackson, TN 38305 • www.wtacbsa.org • 731-668-3787 • Fax 731-668-3788